Each day Ozanam Inn provides the following services at no charge:
- Prepare and serves 600 to 650 hot meals a day.
- Dispense clothing to men, women and children.
- Sleeps 96 homeless men each night and an additional 32 men on freeze night, furnishing each with toiletries, a warm shower, fresh pajamas, linens and a clean bed.
- In-house counseling, case management, and rehabilitation programs for various dependency problems.
- Chapel services with spiritual counseling, and additional counseling.
- Assist with state ID’s and birth certificates.
- Basic medical diagnosis, treatment, services, screening and treatment, prescription assistance and TB testing by medical professionals and students from LSU and Tulane and the Daughters of Charity mobile medical van.
- Tulane University School of Medicine Weekend Clinic
- Essential dental examination and care in partnership with LSU Dental School.
- Dispense vouchers to women and children to other shelters.
- Receive and disperse mail.
- Haircuts to clients.
- Assistance to develop social, work, and leadership habits and skills to help with transition from life on the street to independent living.
- Services in career development, resumes and job search.
- Assistance in locating and acquiring housing and resources for independent living.
- Basic legal and notary services, including the "Homeless Court" recently developed in cooperation with local federal, state and local judges and attorneys.