» Return to About
Ozanam Inn believes that equal opportunity for all employees is important for the continuing success of our organization. Accordingly, this agency will not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, religion, sex, age, sexual handicap, veteran status, or non-job related factors in the hiring, promoting, demoting, training transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
NIGHT MANAGER - MEN'S AREA
Ozanam Inn, a non-profit homeless shelter and service provider, is in search of a full-time Night Manager for our Men's Dormitory area.
The Night Manager is responsible for services rendered to male residents and guests of Ozanam Inn and for the operation of the facility during night hours. This shift is scheduled for 4 PM – 8 AM and will alternate with 2 other managers to equal 80 hours/pay period (2 weeks). Reports to the Deputy Directors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the registration of overnight guests
- Supervises the distribution of meals
- Monitors the front office
- Coordinates with on-site medical clinics
- Makes hourly rounds of the entire supervised area, monitors the security of the building and residents, takes temperature readings of freezers and coolers
- Responsible that Emergency and Fire Evacuation plans are carried out when necessary
- Distributes medications as needed
- Coordinates, with the appropriate managers; fire drills, regular fire safety inspections of building, grounds, and fire prevention procedures and equipment.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed by the Deputy Directors and/or CEO
- Must pass a background check and drug test
Ozanam Inn, a homeless shelter and service provider, is in search of a development associate. The position works as part of a development team and reports to the Deputy Director/Director of Development. Excellent knowledge of fundraising practices, strong interpersonal communication skills, and superior attention to detail are a must.
Receiving, recording, and responding to donations in a timely manner, maintaining specialized databases, researching prospective donors/grants, and preparing reports on donors. Maintaining calendars of grant progress, due dates, and reports, assisting with writing grant proposals, newsletters, and annual reports, assisting with fund-raising events and mailings, website and Social Media content. The associate must be able to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently as well as an active team member with a positive attitude. Must be able to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
A development associate needs excellent communication skills, both oral and written, editing, and knowledge of specialized software (Blackbaud eTapesrty). A bachelor’s degree is desired and 2-3 years of related experience is required.
Compensation is competitive & dependent upon experience and includes benefits; Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off, 401(k), and 401(k) matching.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com